Friday, July 23, 2010

I Hallucinate.

My skin is riddled with goosebumps,
My teeth clatter,
My head swims in a dark world.
My eyes are drained from tears.
A robber with no weapon?
Do you drink blood?
Slay my heart on a butchers board,
Dried blood; Big flies buzz.
Don't kill my soul,
Take my body.
Feast on my joys,
But let me dream.
Let me dream of a land full of robbers who pay tithe,
Let me dream,
Let me see a land
If with nobody,
Let me see a land my child would live.

My soul races without my leg,
My legs are weak from the journey of life,
It bares patches from stale dust,.
I search for wisdom,
Yet i see the wise, Being foolish.
I want to be rich,
I want to buy cars but drive none,
If I demand, may it only be of myself!
Riches are given for the ransom of your life.
Take my happiness,Give me wealth!

I felt the rain drizzle,
Soon it soaks my heavy heart.
I cried it out;
The joy I felt no more,
I've killed my lover!
I run to my mother's village,
The world hates me now,
Two white buds in my nose;
That's how they see me
But she uses her wrapper to wipe my dirty feet.
If i clench my fist,
May it only be in prayers,
My gaze is on the world,
Tomorrow is pregnant!


The world is still asleep,
The sky is black,
The day is coming,
It will roar down the track,
With the rising sun,
The stillness of dawn will be exchanged for the noise of the day.
The calm solitude will be replaced by the pounding pace of the human race.
The day works by,
People die; People are born
The green earth is being polluted,
Global warming; Recycling disaster.
I see a black man turn off his light bulb?
Oh! I'm blind; I don't see!


If i dream,I live,
If i raise my voice,I praise.
If it drizzles; It has rained!
If there's today; Tomorrow is pregnant!

4 comments:

Myne said...

You do know how yo use your words. The images just jump out. I like this poem.

NakedSha said...

Awww my darling.

Your imagery is unbelievable and so is your rhythmic choice of sentences.

lani said...

Magnificent ... powerful use of words

Kecy Anosike said...

God bless...
Thanks!!