Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Smile.

Are you Jesus?

Hello Folks!
I hope you all enjoy E-smiles as much as it gives me more pleasure than soya milk (yeah i love that) ! 
So today in church,the pastor threw a question at the congregation. It went "Are you Jesus"?
First, I gave it a little thought and I wondered from which point of view he was talking from! Then he went about to ask another question,though rhetorical this time, "Are You Perfect'. I started wondering if he was just a new generation pastor,like a pastor who ventured into God's work because his fingers and legs were too weak to send his kids to school,There were a lot of them in Lagos today,but he,quoted scriptures without the bible and didn't clean his face too much to display any form of tension. But then again I recalled a scripture(From where,I cannot remember) That said something like us being a reflection of God in all perfection and flawlessness and I Wondered if God really knew that sin existed. There was a little bit of confusion between my sister & I as we tried to rally our ideas and really try to see things from his point of prospective.It didn't take me a woman in labor to get done before I came to a conclusion.

'Are you Jesus?
Do people mistake you for Jesus? That's our destiny,isn't it? To be so much like Jesus that people cannot tell the difference as we live & interact with a world that is blind to His Life & Grace? Well,if we claim to know Him so well,we should live,walk and act as He would. We are the apple of his eyes folks,even though we too have been bruised by whatsoever that made us fall,He stopped what he was doing and picked up You & I on a hill called Calvary and paid in full for our damaged soul!

So with all said,I cannot believe i ever thought that i couldn't  be like Jesus. Its a sin to think likewise.
I'm not a specular dust. I'm not nothing. I'm the perfection of Jesus Christ on earth!
So folks,I ask you (not rhetorically tho) 'Excuse me,Are you Jesus?'

I Hope you all think of this not as a rhetorical question.
Your Questions, Opinions,Criticism & Ideas are humbly welcome. 
Thanks for your minutes,

E-smiles.

1 comment:

Jennifer A. said...

I too was wondering what direction the post would take, and I completely agree with your conclusion. We are supposed to take upon the attributes of Christ...this is what being a Christian means.