Monday, June 27, 2011

Poetry OR Music?

Hello everyone. Yes, I've been MIA for quite some time now but I've had things to attend to. Anyways, I hope everyone is safe and sound? I've been rounding off somethings and its kept be bound to chains literally. But i'm sure I am good to go now; so expect me on your dashboard. ;)

We scored 2 Nominations at this years Nigerian Blog Awards. and for the 2nd time in a role; we got the category for "Best book, Writing & Poetry" blog and the category for "Best Student Blog". As usual, visit the Nomination Page to start voting! GO! GO!  I had NO idea that there was a space for the latter but
 thank you so much to all those who considered me worthy of both. Thank you, thank you. Dalu.

POETRY OR MUSIC?

I started earlier in the month to share my music taste with you all by posting a song with every blog post (I call it the "Song beneath a song)". Anyways, cutting the long story short, I came across this song and JUST the lyrics alone could or deserves someone's attention. I listen to lots of people who tend to be creative when writing their songs; to me, I think I tend to find poetry, anywhere I can.
   
    Her name is Katie Herzig and the song is titled Crazy. Below is the lyrics and directly after; the audio.



What have they done to the birds and the bees?
Cradle was dropped, the nest make believe
And they're selling their souls for the purpose of losing it all.

What have they done to the cracks in the walls?
The world has been painted to cover it all
And everyone's afraid to admit that they're getting old.

Oh my Lord, I'm told

What have they done to the revolution?
They call it a war and claimed it was useless
The voice of the ages will never be heard quite the same.

What have the done to the innocent mind?
They spoiled and twisted the truth into lies
And all of the peace lovers are having to draw up their swords.

Oh my Lord, I'm torn

If I'm going crazy, then crazy is just that I'm born

What have they done to Jesus' life?
They're making it cruel, say it's a lie.
They still ask for His peace cause they feel inside.

What have they done with the 2000 years?
Made history into a faithful fear
The cracks don't expire just 'cause the surface is dry.

Oh my Lord, I'm tired

If I'm going crazy, then crazy is just my desire
If I'm going crazy, then crazy is just what I've seen
If I'm going crazy, then crazy is just in between




Katie Herzig: Crazy.





I think she's talking about the crumble of society and the jadedness that comes with age and getting used to the status quo of the world "cradle was dropped, nest make believe". Throughout our childhood and education, we're pumped full of idealism and empowerment. We're a bunch of capitalists "selling their souls for the purpose of losing it all." The revolution, the actual belief and movement toward changing things, was destroyed by nay-saying powers that be. And no one will view revolution the same way. Protesters are often thought of as crazy, uninformed, or threatening somehow "voice of the ages will never be heard quite the same." And Katie's stepping back to watch it all as an observer, realizing that if sane is fitting into that; who wants to be part of it? 


Song Beneath A Song.

Between The Minds- Jack Savoretti



I have one word for this song; Its spelled L-I-S-T-E-N. It's hard to believe that Jack Savoretti is only 22 years old! His voice has a breathy, emotionally charged quality, reminiscent of Neil Diamond and his songs are finely crafted guitar or piano based numbers, full of delicate, tender lyrics and hauntingly beautiful melodies.

His songs are beautiful and I think this young man is going to be a very big name very soon!

If you like artists such as Damien Rice or Ray Lamontagne or enjoy tender, well-constructed melodic ballads, then Jack Savoretti is going to make you tingle!

5 comments:

NakedSha said...

Congratulations darling!!!

Sam Oracle said...

Congrats

Anonymous said...

@NakedSha: Thank you sweetheart.

@Oracle : Cheers bro. Thank you

Anonymous said...

@NakedSha: Thank you sweetheart.

@Oracle : Cheers bro. Thank you

Anonymous said...

YOUR FATHER IS A FUCKEN RETARD,YOU DONT TALK TO PEOPLE ANYHOW OVER THE INTERNET.YOU ARE A FOOLISH KID AND YOU ARE SO IMMATURE,YOU STEAL PEOPLE'S WORK AND SAY ITS YOUR BLOG,YOU ARE AN IMBECILE TRYING TO BE SANE.I WILL KEEP IT AT THIS FOR NOW BUT WILL MAKE YOUR BLOG OR WHATEVER MISERABLE,YOU SIMPLY DONT KNOW WHO YOU DEALING WITH.NEXT TIME YOU WILL BE MATURED AND SENSIBLE WHEN YOU TALK TO PEOPLE,SILLY COW.